Tuesday, March 19, 2013

#salvationhistory

Today's Mass of inauguration of Pope Francis as bishop of Rome was another awesome spiritual event that I know I will never forget. I still get amazed seeing tens of thousands of people, from different parts of the world, from various religious beliefs, getting excited about the Pope. I saw this in all the last papal events, in the last five weeks, which have been historic. I saw it in the last Public Mass of Benedict XVI; I saw it in the last Public Audience of Benedict XVI; I saw it in the official presentation of Pope Francis after the white smoke; I saw in Pope Francis' first Public Audience, which was only for the media;  I saw it today, in Pope Francis' first Public Mass.

The Church of Rome, the Catholic Church, is alive with the life of the Spirit. This Living Organism, that makes up the Body of Christ, is continually renewed by the action of the Holy Spirit so that it fulfills its ecclesial mission of bringing hope to the world by witnessing to the presence among us of Truth, Goodness, and Beauty in the Person of Jesus Christ.

In the last five weeks, I have witnessed the process of switching one Pope for another. The way it happened this time was just historic. Rome saw events that hadn't taken place before. For the faithful here, we just saw Christ's mercy manifested through these human actions. Christ, after all, has set the Church as the city on the mountain. Through her, through our beloved Church, Christ's Light keeps shinning in this world and darkness shall never prevail over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment