Friday, March 15, 2013

About my personal vocation

As Pope Francis is inviting us, according to the Gospels, to edify the Church on Christ, the best way to do so is in our state of life within the Church. My state of life is the consecrated life in the Order of Clerics Regular of Somasca, an order founded a little bit before the Jesuit Order was founded in the 1500's. From the beginning our mission has been to take care of orphans and abandoned youth.

I write this note, therefore, because on this day 85 years ago Pope Pius XI proclaimed the founder of our Order, St. Jerome Emiliani, universal patron saint of orphans and abandoned minors. Today's anniversary is special for my Order and for my life as I have been called to live out this mission. I wouldn't be here in Rome if it wasn't for the intercession of St. Jerome Emiliani and for the support of the Somascan Fathers. Congrats to all the confreres!! St. Jerome E., pray for us and for all the orphans of the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment