Thursday, February 14, 2013

#favorabletime

"Well, now is the favorable time; this is the day of salvation." (2 Cor 6,2).

I just came back from Pope Benedict's last public Mass of his papacy which was held at St. Peter's Basilica, where I heard this verse proclaimed. What an amazing time to be in Rome! What an awesome and great Pope do we have!!! The emotions I'm feeling right now are so many and so strong. I thank God for the opportunity to have praised his Sacred Body at St. Peter's tonight and for the visible Shepherd that He gave us in Pope Benedict XVI.

I have been to at least five papal Masses while living here in Rome. Tonight's Mass had a completely different atmosphere. The atmosphere was so special. There were thousands of faithful Catholics in line to get in the Basilica. We all were there to give thanks to God for his Powerful Divine Mercy, as always, but this time also to give thanks for the Mercy He showed in giving us Pope Benedict.

Inside the packed Basilica the emotional moments, authentically spiritual moments, were innumerable. The silence of thousands of persons after the rosary before Mass began, as we waited for the Pope to enter in a procession, had something to it as well as the silence after receiving communion. The Holy Father's sincere thanksgivings in his homily were just touching. I know, also, that I will never forget the speech that the secretary of the Vatican gave at the end of the Mass to thank the Pope in the name of all of us. I won't forget the endless clapping, after the speech, that surely lasted more than five minutes. From my heart, and from the top of my lungs, I yelled a strong "Grazie mille Papa" as he passed by next to me in the exit procession. Thank God for this favorable time of Grace.

(I share with you the memorable images: Click Here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment